START BOOKING YOUR TRIP TO Santorini
** Please note that we get a small commission if you book via our referral links. We use this to invest in new foodie content and to update the Greece Foodies website.
If you’re planning a trip to Santorini, you won’t want to miss out on the best Santorini restaurants. We will guide you through the best restaurants in Santorini, ranging from fine dining establishments to more casual spots. Whether you’re looking for traditional Greek dishes or more contemporary cuisine, we’ve got you covered. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the best restaurants in Santorini.
- Tipping in Greece: If you’re traveling to Santorini, knowing that tipping is customary in Greece is helpful. For a casual meal at a taverna, a good rule of thumb is to leave a tip of about €2 to €5 or round up your bill to the nearest €0 or €5. For example, if your bill is €46, you might leave a total of €50. A tip of 5 to 10% is standard for higher-end restaurants, while 15% is considered generous. At bars and cafés, if you order at the counter, rounding up to the nearest euro is appreciated. A tip of around 5 to 10% is appropriate for table service.
- Restaurant Reservations: To ensure a smooth dining experience at the restaurants listed below, it is advisable to make reservations in advance. Typically, reserving a table 3 to 5 days beforehand will suffice, but for significant occasions, it is recommended to book a table weeks, or even months, in advance to guarantee availability.
- Santorini Food Guide: If you have more questions about Santorini foods, wines or products, take a look at our complete food guide of Santorini.
If you’re looking for the best restaurants in Santorini, look no further! We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 best ones on the island, so you can enjoy delicious Greek food while enjoying stunning views of the Aegean Sea!
The 5 best restaurants in Santorini
1. Aktaion | Kamari, Santorini
The classic Greek restaurant Aktaion has been open for over 90 years and has seen Santorini undergo nearly a century’s transformation. Aktaion is a landmark in the island’s culinary scene and is run by the founding family’s third generation. The location of this restaurant is located in one of the most picturesque villages close to the island’s capital.
Aktaion is of the best restaurants in Santorini, located at the beachfront of Kamari with a picturesque view of the Aegean Sea. The restaurant specializes in fresh seafood and Mediterranean cuisine, using local ingredients and traditional recipes.
Signature dishes: Grilled octopus, lobster spaghetti, grilled seabream, Santorini salad.
Price range: $$-$$$
Customer reviews: Aktaion receives high praise for its food quality, presentation, friendly service, and scenic location.
2. Sunset by Paraskevas
Sunset by Paraskevas, which has about 30 years of expertise and dates back to the days when Andrew the donkey served as the taverna’s primary supply source, is a must-see for tourists in Oia. A fisherman and his wife established this classic Greek restaurant, and it is renowned for its daily hand-picked fresh fish. The delicious lobster pasta is a must-try.
Sunset by Paraskevas is a family-run Santorini restaurant in Ammoudi Bay with a stunning sunset view. The restaurant serves fresh seafood and traditional Greek cuisine, with an emphasis on local ingredients and homemade recipes.
Signature dishes: Lobster spaghetti, grilled fish, Santorini salad, baked feta.
Price range: $$-$$$
Location: Oia, Santorini
Customer reviews: Sunset by Paraskevas is praised for its beautiful location, friendly service, and delicious food. Visitors recommend making a reservation to secure a table for the sunset view.
Visit Sunset Taverna Website
Rent a car and visit the restaurants in Santorini
3. The Third Best Restaurant in Santorini: Metaxi Mas
Metaxi Mas is a cozy restaurant in Santorini located in Exo Gonia village, known for its farm-to-table philosophy and traditional Greek cuisine. The restaurant sources ingredients from local farms and fishermen and features a wood-fired oven and grill.
Greeks are octopus lovers. You might discover a few octopuses drying on lines all over the island because it plays a significant role in their cuisine. The most typical recipe is grilled octopus tentacle with herbs, olive oil, and fava, a dish made with yellow split pea purée that is uniquely Santorinian.
The nicest grilled octopus you can find while visiting Santorini is at Metaxi Mas. Exo Gonia provides a close-up view of life in Santorini, far from the lovely but crowded cities of Fira and Oia.
Signature dishes: Beef stifado, roasted lamb, fava bean puree, stuffed grape leaves.
Price range: $$-$$$
Location: Pyrgos, Santorini
Customer reviews: Metaxi Mas receives high praise for its rustic ambiance, friendly service, and flavorful dishes. Visitors recommend trying the daily specials and the homemade desserts.
Visit Metaxi mas Restaurant
Santorini Food & Wine
- Santorini 4-hours Sunset Food Tour: Experience the best of Santorini food. Taste local mezze and beer while watching the sunset over the Caldera, learn about the island’s cuisine and wines, and indulge in famous souvlaki and traditional Greek spirits.
- Santorini Cooking Class: Discover the unique culinary traditions of Santorini’s food and wine. Participants will learn about the island’s cooking tradition, top-quality products, and how to create mouthwatering dishes.
- Santorini Sunset Wine Tour – Private Tour: Experience the unique winemaking methods of Santorini and indulge in award-winning wines like Vinsanto, Assyrtiko, and Nychteri. Discover the perfect food pairings and immerse yourself in the local culture and cuisine with a Santorini wine tour.
This eclectic eatery is located on Exo Gialos Beach, with a rattan roof and views of the Aegean Sea. Enjoy a Santorini cucumber-based katsouni drink while sunbathing on a covered lounger, or stop by after sunset for dinner al fresco. If yoga and meditation are more your styles, they are also taught here during the day.
Yalos is a seaside restaurant located in the heart of Fira with a view of the caldera. The restaurant serves fresh seafood and Mediterranean cuisine, with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients and creative twists on traditional recipes.
Signature dishes: Sea bass tartare, lobster risotto, grilled octopus, Santorini salad.
Price range: $$$
Location: Exo Gialos, Santorini
Customer reviews: Yalos receives high praise for its attentive service, stunning views, and innovative dishes. Visitors recommend trying the tasting menu and the cocktails.
Visit Yalos Restaurant website
5. The last Best Restaurant in Santorini: Selene
Within a former monastery, this restaurant is located. Ettore Botrini, a chef with a Michelin star, creates imaginative Greek foods that reflect traditional architecture. Try the succulent red mullet topped with pistachios and wild fennel pesto. A unique feature of the wine list is the inclusion of regional wines.
Selene is a fine-dining restaurant located in Pyrgos village, known for its creative take on traditional Greek cuisine. The restaurant uses organic and locally sourced ingredients and features an extensive wine list with a focus on Santorini wines.
Signature dishes: Tomato fritters, lamb shank, sea bass fillet, fava bean croquettes.
Price range: $$$$
Location: Fira, Santorini
Customer reviews: Selene is praised for its elegant ambiance, attentive service, and exceptional food quality. Visitors recommend trying the tasting menu and the wine pairings for a complete dining experience.
So there you have it! The top 5 best restaurants in Santorini. Whether you’re looking for an exquisite dining experience or a casual meal with stunning views, one of these eateries is sure to please. This is one of the best Greek destinations!
Experience Santorini Wine Tour
If you’re a wine enthusiast looking for a unique experience, participating in a Santorini wine tour is an absolute must. Not only will you get to sample some of the region’s most delicious wines, but you’ll also have the opportunity to learn about the history and culture behind each bottle.
And what better way to explore the picturesque island of Santorini than by sipping on some of the famous Santorini wines while soaking up the stunning scenery? Whether you’re a seasoned wine connoisseur or simply looking for a fun and relaxing day out, the Santorini wine tour is sure to leave you with unforgettable memories and a newfound appreciation for Greek wine.
A team of foodies, cooks, and travelers. Alios Tours was founded out of our passion for Greek food. We share the delicious side of Greece.