START BOOKING YOUR TRIP TO Naoxs
** Please note that we get a small commission if you book via our referral links. We use this to invest in new foodie content and to update the Greece Foodies website.
Check out the 10 best restaurants in Naxos, Greece! You won’t want to miss out on any of the fantastic eateries and flavors in Naxos, Greece. In fact, after visiting the nearby islands and dining there, you will admit that the cuisine on Naxos is among the best you will ever experience during your trip-stay to Greece.
Be sure not to miss our guide to the island here if you plan on spending a few days before your trip, and you should if you’re seeking delicious Greek food!
- Eating in Naxos: In Naxos, meal times follow the Greek tradition of eating late. Lunch is usually served between 1:30 and 3:00 p.m., while dinner is typically enjoyed around 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. However, in more touristy areas like Naxos Town, some restaurants may start serving lunch as early as 11:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. and dinner as early as 7:00 p.m., these places may have fewer locals dining. Unlike in other countries, breakfast is not considered a main meal in Greece.
- Tipping in Greece: If you’re traveling to Naxos, knowing that tipping is customary in Greece is helpful. For a casual meal at a taverna, a good rule of thumb is to leave a tip of about €2 to €5 or round up your bill to the nearest €0 or €5. For example, if your bill is €46, you might leave a total of €50. A 5 to 10% tip is standard for higher-end restaurants, while 15% is considered generous. At bars and cafés, if you order at the counter, rounding up to the nearest euro is appreciated. A tip of around 5 to 10% is appropriate for table service.
- Restaurant Reservations: To ensure a smooth dining experience at the restaurants listed below, it is advisable to make reservations in advance. Typically, reserving a table 3 to 5 days beforehand will suffice, but for significant occasions, booking table weeks, or even months, in advance is recommended to guarantee availability.
- Naxos Food Guide: As the greenest island in the Cyclades, Naxos is often referred to as the food capital of the region, supplying an abundance of fruit, vegetables, and meat to surrounding islands. Naxos is renowned for its delectable potatoes, citrus fruits, kitron (a citrus-based liquor), cheeses, lamb and goat dishes, wine grapes, honey, and fresh seafood.
>> ✈️ Find flights to Naxos
Which are the best restaurants in Naxos?
Naxos is a Greek island renowned for its delicious cuisine, which incorporates a range of unique flavors and ingredients. One of the most iconic ingredients in Naxian cuisine is the local cheese, famous for its sharp and tangy flavor. Another essential component of Naxos cuisine is the island’s fresh and flavorful potatoes used in various dishes, including stews and salads. Naxos is also known for its vibrant citrus fruits, which add a zesty touch to many of the island’s most popular dishes. Overall, the flavors of Naxos are bold, fresh, and distinctly Mediterranean, making it a must-visit destination for food lovers.
1. Bakery Naxos
This is a great café right in Naxos town if you want to have some wonderful bread or are searching for a place to taste some typical Greek pastries. They serve their sandwiches in freshly baked bread rolls with a wide assortment.
2. Doukato Dining Room
One of Naxos’s busiest and best eateries is this one. It is strongly advised that you make a reservation at least a day or two in advance if you plan to come here for supper in July or August.
Reviews: Doukato Dining Room on TripAdvisor.
>> ✈️ Find hotels in Naxos
3. Métaxi Mas
One of the top eateries in Naxos Town, if not the best on the entire island, is this one.
Reviews: Metaxis mas on TripAdvisor.
Rent a car and visit the restaurants in Naxos
4. Giannoulis O.
This is one of my favorite restaurants in Naxos and unquestionably the greatest one in Agios Prokopios.
Here, you can’t make a reservation; you just need to wait in line until a table opens up. View Gianoulis Tavern on tripAdvisor.
5. Spiros Nesis
The entire hog roasts at these Agios Prokopios eateries are its specialty. If you happen to be in Naxos on one of these days, make sure to take advantage of the experience since they only do it on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Naxos Food Tours
- Naxos Cooking Class: The Naxos Cooking Class is a unique experience for foodies and travelers alike, offering a hands-on cooking lesson in traditional Greek cuisine using local ingredients.
- Naxos Food Tour: The Naxos walking tour is a three-hour guided tour that takes visitors through the charming streets of Naxos Town.
The best seaside restaurant in Naxos offers traditional Greek cuisine made using Naxian products. Highlights from the menu include grilled fish, courgette fritters, and moussaka. The vegetarian portion of the menu includes farm-fresh vegetables and cheese.
7. To Souvlaki tou Maki
This modest grill shop serves the greatest souvlaki and gyros in Naxos and also serves hand-cut fries made from the renowned Naxos potatoes, handmade wine, and Greek beer.
8. Rotonda – Apeiranthos
A popular Greek-Mediterranean eatery with breathtaking sunset views across the village of Filoti and toward Mt. Zas and the Aegean. Along with pasta, risotto, and mixed grill plates, this mountainside restaurant serves traditional Greek delicacies including moussaka, pork rosto, and saganaki. A favorite hangout for residents and tourists to enjoy cocktails at sunset. Visit Rotonda website.
9. Axiotissa Taverna
Axiotissa Taverna will become your go-to place on Naxos if your vacation aim is to sample as many regional specialties as you can. The freshest foods are acquired locally at this sustainable restaurant. Quick service is another perk.
10. Akrogiali Restaurant
The Akrogiali Restaurant, where you can discover daily freshly caught fish prepared with regional herbs and seasonings, is calling all seafood enthusiasts. Locals have also expressed their affection for their xinomizithra, a must-try addition to their Greek salad. This cozy family-run restaurant is close to the island’s well-known sandy beaches, making it a great place to eat after an afternoon of exploring. Visit Akrogiali Restaurant website.
There are still many excellent locations in Naxos to experience the flavors of Greece even though the list of “10 Best Restaurants in Naxos Greece” has come to an end. Don’t forget that some criteria are purely subjective.
In Naxos, there are countless eateries that provide unique menus and experiences you might only imagine. Therefore, begin making travel arrangements to Greece so that you can find these eateries in Naxos.
Don’t leave things for the last minute because especially in the high season months the popularity of the island and its restaurants skyrockets!
A team of foodies, cooks, and travelers. Alios Tours was founded out of our passion for Greek food. We share the delicious side of Greece.