The Ultimate Chania Wine Tour
- Discover Crete's traditional way of life.
- During harvest season, assist in the production of wine by harvesting and crushing grapes!
- Tantalize your tastes with wine-based local cuisine.
- Enjoy a drink or two of local wines while learning about the harvesting and bottling processes.
- In a lovely highland hamlet, take part in a hands-on culinary workshop.
The Ultimate Chania Wine Tour At a Glance
Another summer is coming to a conclusion, which means it's time to start picking grapes! Join us on a food, wine, and harvest tour in a remote community and become a farmer for the day.
One of the finest ways to discover the heart of Crete away from the tourist traps is to interact with the people, and what better way to do so than by taking part in an ancient task?
What makes The Ultimate Chania Wine Tour unique?
While working at a family vineyard, you'll get to visit the island, harvest and crush grapes, and enjoy olives and cheeses.
You'll also have an organic supper, make desserts using wine-based recipes, and end the day with a bag of farm treats to take home! It's a party for the whole family!
The Ultimate Chania Wine Tour Itinerary
Before arriving to the hilltop village and family-owned company, we'll start the day with a classic Greek coffee. We will point out sites along the trip, but they will largely amuse you with local anecdotes about the region.
Then it's time to experience the passion and thrill of winemaking for yourself! You'll spend time with the family in the vineyard, where you'll learn about Greek wine culture, the history of wine on Crete, and the local varietals.
You'll learn traditional winemaking techniques while coloring your feet purple with the ancient maceration process of wine stomping! You'll also be able to admire locally grown organic items while enjoying a delectable dinner coupled with house wines.
All the food tasting
Local expert guide
All VAT & Taxes
Personal expenses and additiona orders
Things to know before booking
- Dress code: Because this is a nature trip, we recommend that you wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a pair of flip-flops. Don't forget to bring your shades, hat, and camera!
- Your excursion will be in a small group of no more than 12 persons.
- Booking confirmation: If you have your coupon, your booking is confirmed. We'll meet at the starting location. If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact us using the email address or phone number (business hours only) on your voucher.
- When making your reservation, please specify if you want meat or vegetables.
We will be waiting on the square in front of the Chania Municipal Market or Chania old Market. Please make sure that you are facing the Kydon Hotel! We will be standing on the square holding a Crete Local Adventures sign. Pl. Agoras 69 / Old Chania Market, Chania 731 32.
- Cancelations more than 2 days before departure will receive a full refund.
- Cancelations within this period attract a 100% cancelation fee.
- Beverage samples as specified in the itinerary (coffee, rusks, olives, and cheese, a three-course typical Cretan meal, house wines, fresh orange juice for the kids, and traditional desserts). (There is a vegetarian alternative available.)
- Additional food and drink, as well as personal goods.